Sunday, March 25, 2012

Suzani and Shell Prints for A Couple of Chair Makeovers

I've been semi-out-of-commission with a bum back......
(probably from all the furniture hauling/body twisting putting up shutters on my deck...)
Aggravating......
Here are a couple of chair makeovers I tackled this weekend, 
in between heating pad stints:

 This little patio/garden chair has a great little metal frame with floral iron details.  
I'm always looking for projects like this, that aren't so labor intensive, to redo and resell in my booth.
Or to perhaps use in my home. Surprise, surprise.
The fabric was rather dated and grungy.

 I found just the thing in my fabric stockpile: 
This sweet little cobalt blue and white shell print I purchased awhile back at UFab.
 I love this........It might wind up on my deck.
Or my bathroom...
This chair was a project for my client, Patty.
 Can't you just see this vintage chair in its heyday at a lake cabin?
Or a mountain lodge? Yes, the lines are a bit dated, 
but it's still got a lot of life in it!

So for Monument Avenue, 
I'm gonna give it a sweet little slipcover with a sassy pleated skirt.
Here's the makeover, in a wonderful suzani print from guess where?
Yep, UFab
It's going in a room with this wonderful antique chaise lounge.
So I used some of the leftover fabric for contrasting piping.
Here's the back with vintage buttons down the seam.
(My client was walking through Carytown today 
and saw the very same print on a chair in the window of Janet Brown Interiors.)
What can I say? We're cutting edge!!
(And at 1/5th of the price, we're really cutting edge!)


No comments:

Post a Comment