Friday, March 9, 2012

Ottomans and Benches!

I had no idea when I began this post that it would take me THREE HOURS to sort through all my ottoman and bench makeover photos.....
Geez, I never realized how many frigging ottomans and benches I've redone!!!!!!
Why do I care?
Because:
1) They're easy to find and cheap to purchase.
2) They're relatively cheap to redo.
A remnant of fabric and some paint can totally transform an eyesore to eye candy.
3) They're quick  so it's easy for me to crank one out......
4) They sell great! 
What other piece of furniture can you purchase for under $100? 
Plus you can carry it home (i.e., hide it) in the trunk of your car!
So what's not to love?
So, without further ado, here they come............
You'll recognize this one from my recent post.
This one began as a sweet little oak table with cabriolet legs.
I added foam and batting and upholstered in a green tweed fabric with  fun ribbon trim, buttons and a pleated skirt....Isn't if flirty?
Rugged....
...becomes frenchy with fleur de lis fabric and french blue paint job..
Old upholstered seat. (I find these everywhere!)
...Made over in silver paint job and ethnic zebra print.
Another with cabriolet legs....
Becomes the perfect matching seat to this repainted vanity.
Target microfiber ottoman...
Gets an aqua chenille slipcover with fun pleated ticking trim!.
Old piano bench...
Awesome makeover with oversized pewter nailheads and zebra motif fabric.
Another piano bench redo....
And another!
Here's a chenille ottoman that a client started to makeover by painting the legs...
I finished the makeover by slipcovering it with an old feedsack.
I used a canvas drop cloth for the piping and boxing.
And finished off the legs by sanding and adding waxes.
Then I added mismatched vintage buttons to the seams.
Here's a white wire vanity seat...
..that I primed and painted in antique bronze, then added a big fat cushion covered in a vintage grain sack.
A bench...
Is upholstered in french ticking grainsack fabric. 
Next I added piping made from
a canvas dropcloth to hide the raw edges.
And for a little versatility, I whipped up a flirty slipcover so that the client could use it
in a more formal setting.
I edged it in this chenille rosette trim I purchased from UFab.
Tired old vanity seat...
Painted in ASCP Arles and recovered in yet another UFab print.
Another seat...
...that I painted and recovered in this tobacco/indigo thick striped linen from Williams Sherrill.
Flat tired old seat...
Thick yummy seat....
Love these little numeral accents....it's all in the details!
Decoupage project gone bad!
I cut down the top, added foam and batting, and upholstered in a sunflower yellow quilted fabric, and painted the base in ASCP Abusson Blue.
This was a little wooden bench to which I added foam, and upholstered in a fun Linda Svensson print from Ikea.
Client vintage piano stool...

I recovered in a chenille and edged in the same fabric used in her living room drapes...
I transferred this motif from her drapes to fabric, then used as an upholstered medallion in the center of the stool top.

Love the lines of this old vintage seat...
First makeover was a vintage barkcloth topper....
Then I redid again for a 2nd client by painting and then covering in a  dragonfly print from Artee.
Another seat...
Is covered in a fuschia/lime toile and the base painted in a pale aqua to go with this console.
Kidney shaped vanity seat covered in a variety of fun patterns for a little girl's room.
Vintage vanity seat....
Gets an aqua and cobalt blue makeover.
These were a couple of wood/metal tables...
...that I spraypainted in silver and then upholstered in a white faux snakeskin with nailhead trim to make a couple of modern ottomans/seats.
This little ottoman's first makeover was a paisley print with tassle trim...
I recently re-did it in an aqua toile with taupe piping and a box pleated skirt.

And this microfiber Ikea ottoman gets the record for number of makeovers!!!
First, a geometric re-cover of the top.
Second, a slipcover in a maize colored aviary print with boullion trim,
And lastly, this delicious chenille cheetah print with pleated skirt.
So I ask you...why then, 
after all of these stool/bench/ottoman makeovers...
do MY barstools still look like THIS?

No comments:

Post a Comment