Friday, March 2, 2012

On the Upswing...A couple of reupholstered chairs...

Hello out there in blogland,
It's been a rough month, I don't mind telling ya.....
Had to put our family doggy to sleep, 
my mom was in the hospital, 
and so, well, work has been rather splotchy at best.  
Not that I don't have tons to do, it's just sometimes 
I don't know where I live anymore!!!!!

So without further ado, 
here are a couple of recent chair makeovers:

This chair belonged to my grandmother.....
Originally it was black with black leather, 
but my mom did a little makeover back in the 60's.  
What was she thinking??? 

 I'm not sure there's anything real in this fabric.  
Scratchy with a sheen that looks like a bad prom dress..........ick.

Time for a 21st century makeover ala SheShe!

 First I primed and painted the chair in a sweet light blue.....
Next I rebuilt the cushions. 
(Ahhh, look, there's sweet Jack in the background.)
 Found this fabric at Hancock on sale.  
LOVE it...So fun and poppy....
 Cheery....just makes me happy.
 I'm not sure I can get rid of this one...After all, it IS a family heirloom!
 This chair is my client's, Mr. Talley.  
The label on the bottom dates the chair to 1966....
 Yep, it's time for a makeover!!!! 
Mr. Talley doesn't want anything out of the ordinary, 
just something in a similar fabric. 
(HINT: Finding "something similar" 
is harder than finding something perfect!)
After hitting three fabric stores, I opted for this chenille geometric print from UFab
(Have I mentioned lately, UFab rocks!)
 One day I'd like to take an upholstery class!
But for now, I'll just do it "my way."
 I think it's looking quite handsome!
 Here's the back
 It's all in the details!!!!! 
Love these pewter oversized railheads.
(UFab again!)
Ready for delivery, Mr. Talley!

 
Jack, we miss you so much!
We hope you are running' and jumping' in doggy heaven!

1 comment:

  1. She She, Once again, you work your magic. And under difficult circumstances. I love you, friend. Lisa

    ReplyDelete