Thursday, February 25, 2016

Rehabbed Petite chair & table set. (Yes, it's for sale!)

Latest up on the rehab assembly line are these pieces:
Goodness, this is an ugly one.
Little cabriolet legged end table 
 with faux marble top.
 And this cane back chair I found on CraigsList.
 It has some caning issues in the back...
And the upholstery is totally shot.
So for the table,
I painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.
 Distressed the edges, waxed with clear and dark.
Added a fun ceramic pull.
It's done.
 The chair: 
Not so easy.
Here's the process:
I removed all the piping and the back cushion.
Base painted the frame in Old White.
Painted the exposed cane in French Linen
(I didn't paint the back because I'm going
to upholster it, to hide the cane damage.)
After two coats,
I let dry, then waxed.

 This morning, it's all dry and ready for new clothes.
Instead of a free seat cushion, 
I'm just going to reupholster
the seat with foam and batting.
 The batting is pulled tight, 
stapled along the edges and then trimmed. 
 I've decided on this linen toile for the seat…
and I do the very same thing.


 Seat's done!
 I used the foam that was in the little back cushion, 
trimmed it to fit...
 Added two layers of batting over it and stapled the edges.
 And upholstered in this cream and blue ticking.
Yep, I'm loving it.
For the back piece, 
I cut out a piece of buckram to fit,
covered it with the ticking fabric,
which I sewed on the machine along the edges,
 
And then I hot glued that right to the cane on the back.
Then I trimmed it all out with oatmeal gimp.
Reinforced the ends with nail heads...
 It's very sweet, isn't it?
I might pair it with this one. 
For those - like myself - that don't like matchy-matchy.
It will be heading out of my dining room 
to one of my booths this weekend.
 The chair is $289.
The table is $79.
This chair is $259.
$475 for both chairs
$495 for both chairs and table!!

Let me know if you're interested 
before they leave town!!!!!!

And thanks for shopping at SheShe's!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370


No comments:

Post a Comment