Sunday, February 21, 2016

A pair of frenchy cane-back chairs……..


 Finally, I'm getting into the bowels of my storage unit!!!!!!
These have been back there for years…….
a pair of queen anne style dining chairs…..
I removed the seats,
then painted the frames in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in
Paris Grey.
I decided to keep the natural cane, so in order to
integrate it, I heavily distressed the painted finish,
to show lots of wood.

Then I waxed with clear and dark waxes,
and buffed.
I used this awesome fabric remnant  to recover the seats.
 It's a taupe and pale blue in a scrolly pattern...
 I wish I had a little cafe table to go with this pair.
What a sweet ensemble it would make!!!!!!!

They are in my space at RVA Antiques on the Avenue.
For sale: $175/pair

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment