Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Get out the Brasso!!!!! Polishing Brass Door Hardware


What a beautiful day it is! 
Wow, makes you want to get outdoors again.
So I did!
And while I was out there, 
I noticed the tarnished letter slot on my front door.
So I got out the Brasso,
and got to work.
When I was finished,
it looked like this!
Brand new!
This stuff is amazing.
So then I decided to do the hardware on the front door.
Here's what it looked like.
You may think the 
brass plating has eroded 
and that it won't clean up.
But you'll be surprised...
 Now it doesn't just wipe right off, that's for sure!
You will have to repeatedly add the Brasso,
let it sit, and then use a soft cloth to rub and rub.
Slowly but surely,
it comes off!
 Your rag will start to look like this.
 Look at that difference..
 Here it is halfway done...
 And all finished.
Revisit: BEFORE
 And AFTER.

My rotator cuff is gonna be screaming tonight
after all that polishing.
But my front door sure looks nice!

Hmmm, what else can I do……..
Can you tell I'm B O R E D??

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370



No comments:

Post a Comment