Wednesday, February 10, 2016

A Bathroom Redo with Just A Few Accessories

Here's a little past project that will show you what
a difference just a few accessories can make in a room makeover!
Sometimes you don't have to do a complete rehaul
to make a room sing!

Awhile back, my clients, Roz and Johnny,
 asked me to spruce up their house for resale, 
including this 2nd floor bathroom.
 Here's what the room looked like when I arrived:
Roz had already painted the walls
in a faux turquoise treatment. 
But there was not much personality otherwise.
A bland, oversized mirror over the vanity...
…with a dated light fixture.
And a bare window except for a blind.

So take a look at the AFTER:
I made this sweet little valance from fabric remnants.
White and cobalt blue with turquoise ribbon-
to tie in the wall color.
And I used pompoms for the bottom edge.
(Those are little miniature sand dollars along the ribbon.)
  I added thick bead moulding around the mirror, 
hung some new towels I purchased...
And I changed out the light fixture.
You can see it better here when it's not lit.
And now for the pops of color!
I added a little shelf with brackets above the toilet.
With some colorful vases.
On the wall, I hung a sailing print.
Fun little seahorse hooks.
 Everywhere there are little surprises that make you smile.
Finished it off with a new striped shower curtain,
and a little turquoise table.
Big impact, on a small budget!!!!!

Do you have a room that needs a little umph?
She She, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370




No comments:

Post a Comment