Monday, February 8, 2016

Industrial Coffee Table from a Door & Old Wheels


 During that snow storm at my mom's,
I was able to remove these incredible wheels...
 …from this very old baby playpen 
that had been down in her basement for a few years…
(Can you actually imagine putting a baby in this thing???!!)
 Yesterday, I decided to tackle the project 
I had in mind for those wheels.
It started by stripping this old piece of door I found in an alley.
After brushing stripper on the painted top,
I covered it in plastic wrap and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
 Then I started stripping………
one of my least favorite things to do.
Which is why I usually PAINT!
 But I wanted a wood top for this coffee table.
After I got most of the paint off, I sanded, and then
brushed on a stain.
I let it sit for a few minutes...
 Then I wiped off.
I drilled four holes into the wood, 
added the wheels, and voila.
Some of the paint still remains, but that's okay
because it goes with the chippy wheels.
 I think it's the bomb.
Here it is all staged in my booth 
For Sale: $175
I also decided to work on this fellow…
Mr. Froggy I picked up at a thrift store.
It's one of those made-to-look-like-concrete pieces...
I mixed up some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint 
in Versailles and Antibes Green.

And painted him up.
Then while I was outside staining today,
I added some stain to him, 
particularly in all the nooks and crannies.
And here he is in my booth  
For sale $38.
He would make an awesome bird bath base,
or add a pot of flowers or cascading vines on top of his crown!

And while I've gotcha, 
I might as well show you a few more things 
in my booth, which I just reset this evening:
 Oversized framed botanical. $85
Buffet: $265
Lamp: $95
Vintage rattan chair and ottoman,
with new upholstery.
$335
Buddhaboy: $45
Print: $26

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment