Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Great Gift Idea: Laminated Placemat Set

Do you realize Christmas is 
less than FOUR MONTHS AWAY!!!!!???

For those of you who enjoy making your gifts, 
I wanted to show you this great gift idea!
Just by using some of your old photos...
some store purchased paper placemat doilies...
a little computer work 
(or you can just cut and paste items)...
and, most importantly,
a sense of humor!
Step one: 
Use the doily as your base... 
Step Two: Find a fun vintage photo.. 
Step Three: Just start creating!
Think of a catchy caption, 
and then "build" your piece...  
Here I used the sombrero on my brother's noggin' 
as the starting theme...
 And I found some little snippets of art to accentuate the theme...
Step Four: Once you have your composition figured out,
you glue it all down...
Here's my bro again....
on some Christmas morning...
  
 
 Here's my cute little mom (on the left) 
and some of her siblings...
 You can use rubber stamps, cut outs from magazines, old cards,
whatever....
  
If you aren't savvy at computer work,
you could even cut out the words or letters
from magazines and paste them together...
Here's my personal favorite... 
(that's your's truly on the left.)
  
The final step:
Take your pieces to Staples or some other office supply store
that does laminating.
It costs under $2 each.......
and these last for years!

Happy Gifting!!!!!!

(I can also create a custom set for you,
if you're not the creative type. $35 each)

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment