Thursday, September 10, 2015

Faux Waterfall Pleated Ottoman Slipcover


 Sometimes the easiest looking pieces are the most difficult
to accomplish...
My client wanted an ottoman slipcover…
like this…
very tailored, classic.
Quite tasty...
Looks pretty simple, heh?
 
Here's her ottoman.
I was a little nervous tackling this because, well,
it's just not a real clean-lined piece, 
like the example...
But I'm always up for a challenge,
so I finally got the courage to pull out 
and cut this beautiful Schumacher fabric! 
And got cranking on this slipcover.
I worked on it yesterday 
and today, and it's
done…
All the panels are lined and weighted, and hand stitched.
 
After making the main cover,
I then created small panels and sewed them inside each corner, 
to simulate a waterfall pleat.
 I was thinking perhaps these big chunky vintage buttons 
might help keep the panels taut…
here..
But they liked it just the way it was.
It's back in their home with the newly arrived sofa.

Need a custom slipcover?
I just might be able to tackle it.
Sheila Fox
She She, The Home Magician
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

1 comment:

  1. Love the fabric and waterfall :-) pleat....even if faux. :0

    ReplyDelete