Thursday, September 24, 2015

Quotes and Typography Art


 My client, Kim, asked me 
to create a giant piece of art 
with a quote she loved:
"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be."
 So I started by using this piece of scrap plywood,
that I measured and cut to size.
This is going to be pretty large - to fit a tall
stairwell at her Wintergreen townhouse.
 Next I painted the plywood in a custom mix of Annie Sloan chalk paint 
in French Linen, Old White, and Aubusson.
I found some fonts I liked
and  printed them out…then
used carbon paper to outline the letters on the board.
 And then I painted them in white paint.
Then I waxed the whole thing with clear and dark waxes…
There you go!

Need a custom piece?
I might be able to help!
SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment