Thursday, September 3, 2015

Drab Colonial Hutch gets a "Tiffany" makeover!!!!!!

 I purchased this china hutch months ago at Hope Thrift.

 I removed that ugly little eagle at the top.
Then I painted the back of the hutch top in a mixture of chalk paints:
Maison Blanche Peacock and Annie Sloan Old White.
 I painted the remainder in Annie Sloan Old White.
Then I added some Lime Wax in Grey over the back.
 
And then it lived in my living room for months,
unfinished.
 Last week, I finally pulled it out, 
and did some distress sanding.
 You'll notice when I painted it, 
I just painted it all: hinges,
knobs, etc.
 Next, I waxed the entire piece with clear and dark waxes,
building up the look of age.
 I love this color combo….
Like a Tiffany box!
 It's all done.
In the car it goes.
 And here it is in my booth at Greenwood Antiques.
Makes a great display piece..
But wouldn't you know it...
sold in a day!
Oh well…
They come, they go.

You'll be seeing this color combo again. 
Cause it just makes me happy!

Have a piece of furniture to paint?
SheShe does custom furniture finishes.

Sheila Fox
SheShe, The Home Magician
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment