Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Joanne's Kitchen - Phase Two

Earlier this year,
my friend/client, Joanne, purchased a new home.
 Her kitchen looked like this when she moved in.
 And I helped her spruce it up.
I painted the walls in Benjamin Moore
"Barren Plain."
 And I painted the bottom cabinets in BM Brewster Gray.
The colors worked much better with the floor tile,
and at that point, Joanne wanted to keep the upper
cabinets unpainted.
 But after a few months, 
she has reconsidered!
So while she was out of town this past weekend,
I got to work.
 After cleaning down all upper cabinets, 
I primed with this product.
It is an excellent bonding primer.
 Primed..
 And then I painted the cabinets 
in Benjamin Moore "White Dove."
 It took lots of coats, 
but it's finally getting there!
 Oh yes, it's amazing the difference this makes!
I also painted all the molding.
 I made relaxed roman shades and hung in the kitchen window...
Love this fabric that came from Ufab.
 
I also made one for the back door.
 The kitchen looks so much cleaner now, because it's not chopped up 
with those flesh-toned upper cabinets.
 And I love the way all of Joanne's blue and white knick-knacks
look up against the white.
Next phase will be a backsplash…
But for now, it looks great.
 
Before….
And after.
Welcome home, Jo!!


Have a kitchen that needs a makeover?
SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment