Saturday, August 15, 2015

Reinventing Basic Office Chairs


 
My friend, Patty, offered me this pair of
cane office chairs her organization was getting rid of...
 …mainly because one of the chairs had a broken seat…...
Not a problem for me!
I worked on the broken chair first.
I painted the frame in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.
 
Then I painted the inside cane in Country Grey.
 One painted, one not.
 Hmm, I toyed with the idea of making a set like this,
matching fabric in different palette.
Wilma certainly was partial to the idea.
But then I decided, probably not.
I cut a piece of plywood to fit inside the chair 
with the broken seat.

Then I added foam and batting and upholstered it in this octopi print. 
I love orange and grey of late!
I attached the seat with this angle bracket underneath.
And then I cut out little pieces of MDF and drilled holes,
and then screwed through the cane into the seat.
Here it is all waxed and buffed.
One down!
 Would be perfect with a little back pillow...
 So today, 
I worked on the second one.
 I reupholstered the seat and attached it just like before.
And now I have this cute little pair.
 Boring office chairs be gone!
 Now they are a perky petite pair of F U N!
The pair is for sale for $195.
I'll be packing them up to go to Greenwood Antiques tomorrow,
so if you're interested, let me know ASAP!
Thank you!!!!!!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment