My friend, Patty, offered me this pair of
cane office chairs her organization was getting rid of...
…mainly because one of the chairs had a broken seat…...
Not a problem for me!
I worked on the broken chair first.
I painted the frame in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.
Then I painted the inside cane in Country Grey.
One painted, one not.
Hmm, I toyed with the idea of making a set like this,
matching fabric in different palette.
Wilma certainly was partial to the idea.
But then I decided, probably not.
I cut a piece of plywood to fit inside the chair
with the broken seat.
Then I added foam and batting and upholstered it in this octopi print.
I love orange and grey of late!
I attached the seat with this angle bracket underneath.
And then I cut out little pieces of MDF and drilled holes,
and then screwed through the cane into the seat.
Here it is all waxed and buffed.
Would be perfect with a little back pillow...
I worked on the second one.
I reupholstered the seat and attached it just like before.
And now I have this cute little pair.
Boring office chairs be gone!
Now they are a perky petite pair of F U N!
The pair is for sale for $195.
I'll be packing them up to go to Greenwood Antiques tomorrow,
so if you're interested, let me know ASAP!
SheShe, The Home Magician