Monday, August 24, 2015

A Revisit: Sprucing up the Garage Entrance


Years ago, 
I worked on this unfinished garage.
The homeowners had outfitted it with their old kitchen cabinets.
But the walls/floor/ceiling were all unfinished.
They used their old kitchen sink/cabinet for the utility sink.
Yep, I think this could use a little pizazz!
What a great idea though! 
Recycling your old cabinets for extra storage,
instead of tossing them!
 The back steps to the kitchen were unpainted wood.
 And the floors were ugly concrete.

Ready for the SheShe "AFTER?"

Wow!!!!!!
This is awesome!
I painted all the walls in Benjamin Moore "Dill Pickle."
I used peel and stick tile to cover this area.
I purchased two inexpensive runners.
One for the floor.
The other I cut in half and used for the back steps.
I painted the steps in White Dove and Dill Pickle.
The railing in White Dove.
On the back wall, next to the door,
I painted and hung this peg rack.
 Using lid tops and some other found objects, 
I had the children stamp on designs in oranges and greens.
Now they have some ownership in this makeover!
Perfect place for their backpacks and jackets.
Right outside the door, I hung this cork board.
Over to the sink area….
Heck, this looks like a kitchenette now! 
I used the same peel and stick tile
to create a backsplash.
Hung some towels, etc.
Heck, I could live in this garage!

Have a room that needs a little spruce up?
I'm your gal!
SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370







No comments:

Post a Comment