Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Painting Scrap Lumber Pieces for ????

My friend, Barb, had some left over treated wood 
pieces from the deck her husband just built.
She asked if I would be interested in them.
 Why not……
I didn't really know what I would do with them.. 
 but figured I could come up with something neat.
 So yesterday, 
while I had the assembly line cranking outside,
I pulled out a bunch of paints
 
and just started slapping on paint here and there..
 I didn't want to cover all the wood…………
you'll see why later…
Here's a close up of a couple of boards.
After drying, I sanded each board with 80 grit sandpaper.
See how the wood grain comes through now?
I just love all the tones…...
Then I just started randomly
putting the blocks together.
This is looking very Mondrian-esque…..
Wall art?
 Headboard?
Tabletop?
You'll just have to wait til tomorrow 
to see what I came up with.
It will knock your socks off!!!!!

Sheila Fox
SheShe, The Home Magician
804-402-4370
sheilafox@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment