Saturday, July 18, 2015

Coffee Table to Upholstered Bench

 This old coffee table was made by a friend of my mom's.
It's been in the basement. 
But today, 
I'm transforming UGLY to AWESOME!
First I painted the base in Annie Sloan Duck Egg.
After two coats…
I waxed with Lime Wax, 
and distressed the edges.
 Then I cut a piece of foam for the top.
 I'm using this little cotton printed rug I purchased at Homegoods
 to upholster the top.
Once I positioned where I wanted, I flipped,
and trimmed the edges.
 While standing on the inside,
I staple so that the fabric is pulled really tight around the foam.
 The edges are a little tricky because the fabric is so thick.
 Just takes some time………..and concentration.
 But it's done, 
and it looks dy-no-mite!

For sale in my booth at Greenwood Antiques.
$155.

No comments:

Post a Comment