Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Stephanie's Fabulous Frenchy Furniture!!!!

My friend, Stephanie, 
inherited all this INCREDIBLE
french furniture from her aunt, 
and had me over recently
to check them out and discuss reupholstering.
 Look at this incredible chair!  
She has a pair of these…
I love the asymmetrical lines.
 And this settee..
OMG, 
I'm in heaven.
Now, if these were thrift store finds, 
I'd consider reupholstering them myself.
BUT…
since they are family heirlooms,
I just felt they were a tad "over my head" 
in terms of my upholstering capabilities…
So I'm going to help Stephanie 
with fabric and upholstery recs
for these….
 She also has this little french vanity seat,
 And a matching french chair.
Now these are right up my alley!
 I looked around Stephanie's house to check out her colors….
and see her style.
 Lots of beachy colors - 
teals and sands...
 It's really important to see where the pieces are "going to live"...
 And now I have just the info I need to do a fabric search...
 Off to UFab, 
my favorite fabric store in Richmond!
Here are a few pieces I like...

 We ended up deciding on this one.
Love the yummy texture,
and the design is not too overpowering.
 Here's the chair in progress...




Finished.
 And here's the finished vanity seat.
Close up of the trim.
 Before:
And after….
Off to deliver and then pick up the vanity to paint.
Thank you, Stepharoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment