Sunday, April 12, 2015

Another ScrapHappy Chair with grain sacks, remnants and a coffee burlap sack

 An alley find…….
 Great lines, 
very petite….
 This L O N G process begins with disassembly...
 All the old upholstery was removed.
You can learn a lot by deconstructing something...
Underneath the upholstery, is another layer,
which I'm leaving….
I begin by painting the legs 
in Annie Sloan French Linen.
 
Next step: the seat….
I'm adding some batting for extra fluff...
 …along the inside back and arms.
 Next, deciding on fabrics………
so many choices………...
 One given: 
This burlap coffee sack for the back…
(Thank you, Bonita!)
 After looking at a zillion pieces of fabric,
I opt for my trusty striped ticking...
 I decided to keep the tufting casual.
I used mismatched oversized buttons
instead of upholstered ones.
 It's coming together……
Wilma loves the feel of new upholstery
on her claws. ;)
Other side, back.
 And my favorite as always,
the back.
Next step, edging everything in trim.
It's done! 
I used another stripe for the seat cushion,
with oversized piping.
 
The flip side of the cushion is
a natural linen. 
wo looks in one!
 I added a little throw pillow that I made
with fabric from a linen skirt.
 And this baby….
 …is just about...
done!!!!!!
In the car headed to my booth 
For Sale: $325

No comments:

Post a Comment