Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Glossy Woodtone Lateral File Cabinet = French Country Chest of Drawers

 I picked this up yesterday……..
off of Craig's List.
 It's a lateral file cabinet.
I've been looking for one to use in my office.
This is one heavy bugger!
The sides had damage, but I don't care…
It's not staying this way for long!
I had the assembly line going today.
 First I painted the piece in a base coat
 of Annie Sloan Country Grey,
including the pulls.
 Next, I dry brushed the front and the trim with Old White.
The sides and top got a coat of French Linen.
 After distressing all the edges with a mouse sander,
I waxed first with clear, and then with dark.
 I added lots of dark to the edges and the pulls.
 Seriously, doesn't this look like something from an old chateau??
The pulls look all crusty like they are timeworn….
a big improvement over that glossy brass.
 Nothing perfect here!!!
That's what makes this piece truly special!
I love using several different colors like this, 
and layering them,
because it creates so much depth and texture.
Although I bought this for ME,
I do believe I've already sold it.
Oh well.
They come, they go..


No comments:

Post a Comment