Friday, May 1, 2015

A Rehabbed Vanity in TURQUOISE

Remember these frenchy chairs I did recently?
Well yesterday, 
I tackled the vanity….
Boy this thing has been well used from the looks of it…
It has a dated metallic gold finish….
But check out these ring pulls!!
Each drawer features a different scene.
I covet them!
See the hint of turquoise in the ring?
I'm going to use a similar color to paint this piece.
Annie Sloan in Provence.
So long gold finish……….
Hello Provence!!!!!!!
 All painted.
I did some "wet sanding" to distress and pull out the gold...
Then I waxed with clear and dark waxes...
And buffed to bring out a lovely sheen.
Along the distressed edges, 
I used a little King Gold gilding wax on my finger to lightly
"hit"….takes very little and you don't want to overdo!
I think it's perfectly lovely!
Here you can see it with the fabric from the chairs.
Beautiful little turquoise piece. 
(Someone even attempted to buy it 
while I was outside working on it.)
Sorry, this is Stephanie's, 
and it now lives with her frenchy chairs.
In lovely Bon Air.



No comments:

Post a Comment