Tuesday, April 29, 2014

One Footstool, Two Footstools, Three Footstools, Four!

What does one do on a dreary, rainy Tuesday?
Get off the sofa and find something inside to do!
I was going nuts here twiddling my thumbs.
So I pulled out a bunch of fabric remnants, trim,
and these four thrift footstools and began some magic:
A friend found this on the side of the road…
It was dark wood and had a hand painted duck scene on top.
(Thanks, Terese!) 
I promptly painted it with white chalk paint.
I added batting and then used this ikat remnant to cover the top.
Then I tried several trim options along the edge...
I ended up choosing this plain red piping that I glued along the bottom edge.
 This little cane top stool I purchased at Curtain Call this year.
I painted it in a homemade chalk paint I whipped up
with warm water, plaster of paris, and a $3 sample from Valspar.
After the paint was dry, i cut batting to fit the top.
Then upholstered with this fun zigzag remnant. 
I glued red pompom fringe to the bottom edges.
 Another thrift store find…
this one tufted in a butterscotch velvet.
I painted the legs in the same homemade chalk paint.
I filled in all the indentations with polyfill,
then covered the top in batting and stapled down all the edges.
Next I used a remnant in this botanical linen print to upholster the top.
Next, I added this beautiful trim with pompoms around the bottom edge.
Here's the overhead view.
And finally, this little wooden stool from Goodwill.
I painted the base in a pale green, gave it a stain overlay,
and added a padded top in another botanical remnant.
I added a few brass nail heads around the wooden base.
 
And  here they are:
My rainy day assembly line.
All one of a kind…
Which is your favorite?
 Uno..
 Dos
 Tres
Quatro
$42 each….
Oh, and while I'm counting,
let me say
Happy 2nd birthday to Wilma Pea Pie!
(Here she is outside the tub waiting for her pray:  Me…)

4 comments:

  1. The red piping decided it for me! Nice work for a rainy day! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. An even tie between Dos and Quatro for faves, but they are all awesome, as usual!

    ReplyDelete