Wednesday, April 2, 2014

2 COOL CHICKS, A PLATTER AND A SIGN

So, remember this wooden platter 
that I got a couple weeks ago at Curtain Call?
I love all the wonderful detail.
Well, I didn't purchase it for a serving tray...
 I purchased it...
to make…
a sign.
This is for my friend, Tara, 
who is a fellow dealer
and goes by the moniker,
"2 Cool Chicks."
I first base coated the entire piece in white chalk paint.
Annie Sloan is my preferred brand!
And then I used Sharpie paint pens
to freehand the type and art.
I used ASCP in Graphite to outline the type..
 After everything dried, 
I distress sanded, 
and brushed on a dark stain.
 I made sure it got in all the crevices,
 And then, 
I started wiping it all off..
 This cuts down the neon look of the paint pens
and ages everything..
 Then I lightly sanded again over the art and type...
And here's cool chick, Tara,
with her finished sign.
And here's me with my new do.
(I may not be a cool chick, 
but I feel like one!)

Thanks, Tara!


No comments:

Post a Comment