Thursday, April 3, 2014

Why "Oops" paint is dangerous…..My Bedroom Spring Makeover

Why is it I never can get to the painting 
that needs to be done in my house?

Spring is here. 
I'm ready...
So here goes. 
Yes, here in all it's splendor 
is my very own boudoir...
(And I didn't make the bed...just for you.)
I've been wanting to paint this room for a LONG time.
I am so over "Tyrian Tan"!!!!!!
 I had this very bizarre gallon of intense teal "oops" paint.....
I mixed it with lots of pale blue
(you think this is dark, 
you should have seen the original!)
and painted an accent wall. 
Then I painted the other walls in Benjamin Moore Balboa Mist.
 My plan was to put the bed up against the accent wall
 to make the headboard pop, 
but once it was there, I realized.......
the headboard literally chops the wall right in half!!
Ugh...
This is not working for me.
 So then I tried a pattern on the headboard
and switched out the curtains. 
Nope, this is not cutting it either.
I think we are looking at a major rearrangement.......
 And this is how I spent my Sunday afternoon. 
Working and reworking until I think I can live with this.
I angled the bed on the pale wall, 
and changed out the window treatments
to these great barkcloth panels.
They help marry the headboard and the accent wall....
 Here is the "wall of family."  
I moved the desk, TV, etc, over on this wall across from the bed.
So it's not the first thing you see when you enter the room now.
I used these two bookcases to separate 
the "sleeping area" from 
the "dressing area." 
That's code for "messy area."
My vintage babies in the "fur" chair…
a chair I reupholstered with a furry throw.

Some of my favorite little things….
(Lisa and Tobi: 
Do you see your gifts here??)
I think I can live with this.
For now anyway…
Sweet dreams of spring………
Come summer, who knows what could happen!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment