Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The Color Pink

I'm usually not a pink kind of gal……..
Maybe it's the time of year…… 
'cause pink is definitely in the air……..
and i've gone outside my norm
to do a few pink makeovers lately.
 I purchased this little deco vanity seat from a junk guy...
 First step: White chalk paint.
 Next, I whipped up a custom light pink by mixing 
ASCP in Scandinavian Pink and Pure White….
and applied over the white.
 Then I added just a bit of darker pink here and there.
 Less is more….
 Then I decided on my fabric and recovered the seat...
 After waxing the entire piece in clear wax, 
I used dark wax in all the details,
edges and crevices.
 And here is the finished piece.
I love the juxtaposition of the trendy ikat fabric with the
"antiqueness" of the chair. 
(Is that even a word?)
 I picked up this little narrow plate rack/shelving unit at a Goodwill last week.
Perfect condition if you like dark wood…I don't.
 Since, I'm going to paint the interior and back as well, 
it's easier just to remove the back.
  painted the back in white..
 And then, continuing my "pink period," 
I starting dry brushing the light pink
over the inside and outside of the shelving unit.

 Then I dry brushed a darker coral color.
Here's a little preview...
A pink shelf?  Really…
Hmmm…
I need to put on my thinking cap...
 Aha……….Liking this SO much better.
I added a layer of Chateau Gray over the pinks.
This is a medium olive color.
 I didn't want total coverage - 
i wanted the coral and the pinks to show through.
A little distress sanding and waxing...
Instant antique!
 Since I'm on a pink roll,
I decided to do this sweet little table as well.
(Thanks, Kim!)
I painted it in two coats of light pink...
And then lightly "hit" some of 
the details and edges with white.
and then…….
THE RAINS CAME…………
but at least you get the gist of it…

Everything's getting packed up and
heading for my booth this week.
So if pink speaks to you,
give me a quick shout out!
It's all for sale, folks!
(Vanity Seat: $95
Shelf: $85
Table: $75)
May I wish everyone a blessed Easter holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment