Friday, March 28, 2014

Buying and Selling - This week's SheShe transformations and finds

Hello out there,
The week is just about over, 
the Greenwood Antiques & Uniques Porch Sale is tomorrow, 
and I've been busy getting inventory together.  

Take a look at some of this week's SheShe transformations
that will be going to the sale:
 I picked up this random white bar stool at a thrift shop….
 I did a little sanding, added stain...
 …and added stamped letters……for a little whimsy.
 My friend Frances gave me this little Bombay table that was falling apart.
 
After gluing it back together, 
I painted in chalk paint, added a stencil,
 And then applied dark stain...
 I used the same finish as this chair
so I'll be selling these as a little set.
This was a chair I bought on craiglist a couple months ago 
and had in my booth.
I hated the black glossy finish…just not me.
 
So i brought it home, 
painted it in Annie Sloan Duck Egg...
 …and then distressed and added stain.
 But this was my favorite find this past week:
This gorgeous petite french settee 
I purchased at Class and Trash.
 The cane back is in perfect condition, but the upholstery is old, 
and I'm not in love with the wood tones...
 Last night I decided to go for it! 
I started by ripping off all the fabric.
 Then I painted the wood trim in Annie Sloan Paris Grey.  
I "wet sanded" as I painted,
(which just means rubbing off some of the paint with a wet cloth,)
to give it a very distressed look.
 I decided to keep the cane back unpainted, 
so I wanted to have lots of wood tones peeking through the painted finish.
Then I waxed all the trim.
 This morning,
 I selected this tobacco toned fabric……..
I was going to go for a stripe, but decided to keep it neutral.
 Added gimp along the edges.
 Love the finish…….
 This is gonna be killer at the foot of someone's bed!!!!!
 I'm selling for $350.

I also found homes for all these cool pieces 
I scored this past week:
 …wonderful little turquoise cabinet...
…teal spool legged end table…
(I sold both these the way I found them.)
 ….Eastlake pedestal table…
(See? I don't paint everything!!)
..and this lamp I painted last week.
I mean, is this not the perfect place for it?
I also had to say goodbye to the most gorgeous chair in the world!
It went home with it's new momma, 
Molly B!

Buying and selling,
packing and unloading,
moving and shaking.
That's my life.
And I love it.

Are you looking for something particular?
Let me know…
I'll put it on my list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment