Thursday, March 6, 2014

Hooks and Racks and Hardware and Knobs…….

I have this thing for hooks and knobs and hardware of all kinds…
Maybe because my mom worked in a hardware store?
Who knows…
I just know I seem to
buy them every chance I get.

I have quite the stash growing.

It's fun to get a little creative
and figure out something fun to do with them.
I purchased this "fin" hook at the beach this past weekend.
With some scrap lumber remnants from an old table,
Some hand painting….
and the hardware, it's a fun wall rack.
These were shiny brass hooks that I painted and stained
to give an antique look.
And here's the 3D fin in all it's glory!
 This plaque I cut from old lumber.
I added an owl piece that I made with a
candy mold and plaster of paris.
I painted…..
Then decoupaged an appropriate saying and framed in scrap rope trim.
Added hooks, and a little hand painting..
Here's a wall rack I made from an old piece of fencing
that I stencilled with type.
I left the weathered finish just like I found it...
 Added a cast iron mermaid that I painted.......
 And some shell knobs……              
 Here's another piece of leftover fencing that I painted in pale blue..
Added yet another mermaid and a couple of hooks.
And hand painted some type and waves..
Snail knobs…
"happy trails to you."
(Get it??)
 ..spatulas for hooks..
 Goodwill wooden plaque...
 becomes a "this little piggy"
hook rack
 Another thrift store plaque..
 reinvented with a bovine theme.
Foot fetish?
I have one for you, too.
I used an old wooden shoe form for this one.
And here I used dog head knobs 
for a place to hang leashes.
Oh, Deer!
Stop me!
Please!







No comments:

Post a Comment