Saturday, March 22, 2014

For once, I DID NOT PAINT IT!!!!!! Serendipity Strikes Again!

SO,
after my last post, 
about this chair I scored at Curtain Call,
the verdict was...
DO NOT PAINT IT!!!!!!
And I have to agree.
This chair is just way too incredible 
to cover up with paint….
Besides,
Serendipity struck again!

Last week, 
I purchased this tabletop 
from a dealer at Greenwood Antiques.
 And yesterday, 
when I walked into one of my favorite thrift stores, 
Class and Trash in Ashland,
I saw this!!!!!
 The perfect pedestal 
to turn my tabletop…
into a table…
And just look at this!
It's like,
 these two were meant to be together….
The finish matches perfectly!
And they came from three different places.
I LOVE when this happens.
(This gorgeous set is for sale for $300.)

And now, 
on to the first transformation 
of items I purchased this week at Curtain Call:
 Since I didn't paint the chair,  
and you know I HAVE to paint,
I went for……..
the candlestick(s) in the Conservatory...
First, I simply did a little spray painting…
I didn't want total coverage 
because I wanted some of the old finish
to peek through here and there…
for a layered effect.
 Next, I brushed on stain, 
and then wiped off.
(Left is after the stain application.  Right is before.)
 Remarkable difference…
See how the old finish peeps through?
 Outside photo…...
 Inside, 
you can see more of the depth of the finish...
 Yummy yummy yummy, 
I've got love in my tummy.
For sale: $25 each/$40 set.

I loved the color of this paint so much 
that I next took this Goodwill lamp…
 …with this fun base that had a few issues...
  …oval lampshade is in great condition...
 and painted the base.
Wonderful retro style….
This one I do believe is SOLD.

Thanks for looking, folks.
Stay tuned for more!!!!




2 comments:

  1. The chair IS beautiful just the way it is. The candlesticks look fabulous and the blue lamp is super cool! Tomorrow is 30% off most at Curtain Call and Wednesday is our final day of the sale with 40% off. Try and come back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love the table and chair. Glad you didn't paint. the candlesticks look great as well. Love the stain technique.

    So nice meeting you and can't wait to see what magic you work on my mirror!

    ReplyDelete