Saturday, October 6, 2012

Yard Sale Finds

Oh my.  
This morning's walk turned into an all day event.  
I stumbled upon three incredible yard sales, 
and then had to deal with unloading the car....
and loading furniture...
and unloading furniture...
and sanding...
and staining...
and reloading the car...
and resetting my booth..  
Check out some of today's finds, along with a couple quick turnaround makeovers.

BEFORE:
This black pedestal table looks like it's been living in a garage for the past decade.
 AFTER: 
I gave it a good washing, 
then sanded down all the edges and paint splotches...
Then I added a nice dark stain to bring out all the exposed wood and gloss up the black.
Pottery Barn look alike!
 BEFORE: Check out this gate leg chippy ladies desk. 
It was in pieces, and was pretty filthy.
Cute little white desktop caddy.
 AFTER: 
I washed down the desk, reattached the drop leaf, 
and then sanded down and sealed all the chippy paint. 
Love the patina on this!
The desktop caddy fits perfectly between the two built in letter slots.  
Paired with one of my revamped parlor chairs, 
it's the perfect little shabby chic office duo...
Already in my booth!
 And these next few finds are pretty great just the way they are:
Graduated corner shelf. 
 I might end up painting this but for now, it's in the booth.  
(i needed to get something in their fast because the little corner cabinet I just finished this week sold before I even got it set up!!)
Sweet little carved decorative game box...
 A set of decorative bird plates...
A wonderful collection of vintage aprons, 
all starched and pressed.
Just like Grandma's!
 And here's the find of the day:  
This amazing industrial wood cart with iron bar and frame on casters.
This came out of an old office in downtown Richmond.
It is really heavy and would be perfect 
with a slab of marble or granite on top for a kitchen bar/island.
Here's my West End Antiques booth after resetting it today.
I'll definitely be hitting the ibuprofen tonight, folks...


No comments:

Post a Comment