Monday, October 22, 2012

Nancy's Stairwell

Sometimes it's the teeniest things that make the most impact...

This was Nancy's spiral staircase at her new condo...
It's to the right of the fireplace in her living room.
 Sort of an awkard little space....
And to the right of the railing, the previous owners had this chair, 
but its too big for the space, and juts out in the walkway.
 And this really drove me nuts......
The top of the pole......
I mean,
is this attractive?? 
From the get go,
I knew I had to do something with this.
 AFTER:
I purchased a decorative wood finial meant for a curtain rod, 
which I screwed into the little wooden cap, after I stained it to match. 
Then I expoxied to the metal pole. 
Now it's sculpture!
 And, speaking of sculpture, that's what this chair is! 
The perfect piece to place in that little corner to make a statement.
I found it at West End Antiques.
 I added a pillow for comfort...
Here's the stairwell now,
with Nancy's antique clock and freshly painted walls.
Stay tuned for the full living room reveal!

No comments:

Post a Comment