Thursday, October 4, 2012

Class and Trash Makeovers!!!

One of my favorite places to find incredible stuff is
.......Class and Trash in Ashland......
Lisa and Ken and Marlin ROCK!
Here are a few things I found there yesterday:

 A couple of pleather 70's ottomans........
 Got new clothes!!....
I used the remnants of the canvas printed area rug that I recovered my stairs with.
Come on and get 'em! 
$55 each/$100/pair.
 Cute little piano stool with awesome walnut legs..
 I did this for my client, Nancy, 
to match the chair and pillows in her living room.
If it doesn't work for her, it's going in my booth.
$79.
 I love this sweet little primitive corner cabinet.
This would be awesome in a shop to display little soaps, or garden stuff.
 Especially now that it's been "gardened up."
I painted the interior in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Antibes Green. 
Then I drybrushed some French Linen onto the white, and edges,
 and then added a stain layer of Weathered Oak to all.
Going to the booth for $169.
 And this little bench reminds me of the ones in the Sears and Roebuck house 
I grew up in...
It was white and just fine as it was...
 But you know me....always happy to reinvent.....
I painted the back panels in three different colors,
then added layers of dry brushed paints. 
Next, I used carbon paper to
trace on "happy trails to you."
Then I handpainted...
 Next I drilled holes and added these great little snail knobs 
I bought on sale at Anthropologie last week.
(Snails...and happy trails...get it??)
Next, I might finish it off with a bench cushion.
This is going to the booth, too.
You won't see another one like it, that's for sure.

Now it's back to Shuky's chair, which started like this:
 I'm making progress, Shuky!
I love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment