Thursday, October 11, 2012

Thursday is my new Friday: Makeovers to wrap up the workweek...

You may recognize this media cabinet from a previous post.
 I had transformed it for Nancy's new condo, 
but she didn't like being able to see all the components through the glass.
 So I returned and lined the inside of the glass doors with some fabric remnants.
Shuky's worn out chair....
...was revamped and delivered.  
I updated the shape a bit by squaring off the back, removing the buttons, 
separating the seat cushion, and adding piping and boxing.
Found this mid century telephone table at a thrift shop this week.  
It had severe veneer issues.
I removed the veneer and sanded well before painting in Annie Sloan chalk paint, 
and then waxing.
I updated the seat with batting and new fabric from u-fab.
I put a saying on the top utilizing vinyl type, 
then painted the top in a darker color. 
Then I removed the vinyl.

Picked up this covered bench at Fantastic Thrift yesterday....
...painted, added batting and recovered.
Beautiful, plump and perky with daisies!
Picked up this little end table at a yard sale this past weekend.
Serious issues.
Note the electrical tape trim!
I ripped off the peeling veneer, painted in a two tone with white hardware, then waxed.
Sweet little french end table now...
And finally, a desk a client gave me this week... 
Typical unfinished furniture with a shellac finish.
I glued fabric to all the drawer fronts........
(I haven't finished this yet, but it's gonna ROCK.)
Now, I'm playing hooky for the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment