Friday, October 19, 2012

Nancy's Master Bedroom

My client, Nancy, is all situated in her new Fan condo.
And we're about 99% finished with the decorating. 
Yay!
Too much to write all in one blogpost.  
So I'll start small, 
and save the dramatic for last!
BEFORE: 
This is how the bedroom looked when Nancy was considering purchasing the condo...


AFTER:
 And here it is now:
 Nancy purchased a new bedroom set in deep espresso.

Above the bed hangs a metal sculpture 
of a gingko branch that came from her previous home. 
That, and the headboard, really help fill out the wall.

 I picked this fun fabric at u-Fab (where else!) and made throw pillows for the bed.
Now there's a real focal point to the room.
 Nancy wanted to use this lingerie chest beside her bed, but it didn't match.
 I painted and added new hardware, 
and now it looks like part of her new bedroom set.
 I took her little maple console.
 Remember, it had this laminate top.
 I painted it to give it an old world feel......
A totally different vibe than the rest of the furniture...
makes the space so much more interesting, 
don't you think?
 It's right as you come in the back door, 
so it's a great place for keys, etc.
 I used the same fabric as the pillows 
to make a gathered panel for the back door..
...and to reupholser her slipper chair..
 That looked like this...
 AFTER: I simplified the lines...
 Removed the skirt and added this cute onion fringe....
And piping.
So sweet.
One room down....
Watch for posts about the rest of her home.....
coming soon!!!

And thank you, Nancy, 
for entrusting SheShe with your new home makeover!!
It's been so fun, 
I wish it could last forever.
But I'm sure you don't!!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. looks GREAT SheShe! Love Love Love the console

    ReplyDelete