Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Signs for Tara and SheShe!

Wow, talk about blogger's block, 
I've had it...
It started out with a sick mom.........
then I got behind,,,
then I got really really busy...
and then, well, it had been so long, I didn't know how to start up again!!!!!!
So I didn't.
As with everything, we must take little baby steps....and so, I'm taking one today.
Just a little one.

To show you a couple of signs I've made this week.

This one is for my friend, Tara. 

Like me, she's a dealer at Greenwood Antiques and Uniques...and the name of her company is...well guess..

I had made some pillows for her a couple months ago, out of some old feed sacks.  
I decided to take one of the images and use for a fun sign.
I used a piece of  plywood I had rescued from an alley. 
I painted it in Annie Sloan Old Ochre. 
Next, using carbon paper, I traced out the design, along with type I printed from my computer. 
And then hand painted everything in chalk paint.  

Afterwards, I sanded and added stains and some dark wax to age it...
(Yes, I know it's a rooster.....he's admiring.....2 cool chicks!)

 So now my creative juices were flowing. 
And I had been wondering what to do with a couple of these old mannequins...
And an idea blossomed.  
I love when that happens....
First I drybrushed some Versailles chalkpaint over the mannequins.
 Then I used the same technique - traced letters and painted them in chalk paints.
 And look!  
They're now nontraditional signage!!
Here they are at the top of my booth at Greenwood.
I love them.
It's like they're standing guard.

1 comment: