Friday, September 21, 2012

"Bohemian Swirl" Slipcover for a tired old chair...

Another slipcover has just come off the SheSheassembly line....
Take a look at this old club chair before:
 But my client, Nancy, LOVES this chair. 
She says it's the most comfortable chair she's ever had 
and she wants to keep it............
And keep it she shall!
 But definitely with a makeover.
 I shopped around for fabric and found this Waverly print 
called "Bohemian Swirl" at Artee. 
I used a natural linen for the piping, but first, 
I rebuilt the back of the chair to square it off a bit 
and make it have cleaner lines for slipcovering.

Here it is all ready to go to it's new home....
(I'm bypassing the three days of torture it took me to make this baby.)

 Oh, and surprise! 
For the back, I used a thicker linen tweed, 
and then used mismatched buttons down a middle seam.
 It looks great......
...with the linen Restoration Hardware sofa and the pillows I just made.
Along with this other sweet little chair I recently redid in linen and cheetah chenille.
It's coming together!!! 
Next up, we're painting the walls, baby! 
And ordering a flokati rug.
Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment