Thursday, September 20, 2012

Spray Paint Transformations

I don't typically use spray paint for my furniture transformations, but there are some times when it's without doubt the best medium...

For instance.........
Outdoor metal furniture......
With all those nooks and crannies, I save a ton of time by using spray primer and paint. 
And they come in such fun colors...

Here are some recent SheShe spray paint transformations........

Mismatched rusty patio furniture..

 ...becomes an oasis of color on Daisey's back deck! 
I painted the table purple and the chairs turquoise.  
Then whipped up some punchy orange chair pads, 
and added a small outdoor rug I purchased online from One King's Lane.
 I also like to use spray paint  when I'm doing metallic finishes.
Here's a piece I found in the trash...

 First I spraypainted it in a metallic silver finish.
 Then I distress sanded and added layers of stain to give it a old world pewter finish. 
It didn't last long in my booth;)
 Here's a maple console I did recently for a client..
It started like this.
 I used a combination of Annie Sloan chalk paint in Chateau gray,
 and some metallic craft paints....layered with some stains....
 But on the top, 
i used a felt placemat as a stencil 
and lightly spray painted it with silver...
 I didn't want it too crisp because I wanted to look like it was faded with age.

 And while I was at my friend Bonita's awesome Bethany beach townhouse this summer....
(here's my beautiful hostess on the beach)...
I really got a spraypaint workout!!! 
She had found a few pieces in the trash, 
that looked all rusty and crusty, like this...
 So off to the local hardware store we went for some poppy spraypaint....
 and I got to work...
Ooooh, Mr. Orange Sun...
 ...this citron striped gecko now graces the outdoor shower.
 And a blue fish rises above the flower pots.
And then Bonita said, "Do the ducks."  
The decoy ducks painted by her Dad?? 
Really?
 Who I am to question a client?
Ta Dah! Love them...


No comments:

Post a Comment