Monday, September 24, 2012

COLOR!! Reinventing with Bright Textiles

I treated myself to a little shopping spree on Saturday.  
I was in lovely downtown Short Pump, 
so popped into Hobby Lobby and HomeGoods, 
two of my favorite stores for supplies!!!!!!

I've had this chair in my garage for about six months 
and finally pulled it out....
 And while I really like the existing upholstery, 
there are rust stains all over the seat cushion...
 Besides, I want to use the poppy new fabrics I purchased at Hobby Lobby....
Take a look!!!!!! 
This fabric is a nice weight printed cotton duck, 
and when I bought it, 
I figured I'd make some pillows or tea towels...
and I only got 1 yard of each......
 So I had to get creative.  
But I love how this turned out - the sides use the contrasting fabric...
You know how I like to mix it up! So fun.
 This is going in my West End Antiques booth for $168.
Let me know if I can deliver it to your house;)
Next up, these tired ole stair treads. 
The wooden stairs coming down from my rooftop deck 
were getting so damaged that a few years ago, 
I bought an expensive area mat, cut it up and nailed to each step.

 But how nasty they have gotten and they were never much to look at...
 I bought a small Indian printed canvas rug at HomeGoods, 
and cut it up, sewed the raw edges...
and used upholstery cardboard nailing strips to staple 
to the front underside lip of each stair.
Stair treads are usually $25-35 a piece and not much to look at...  
My six treads cost $5 each. 
I love a deal!
Eventually I want to paint all my stairs 
in a variety of greens and blues, 
but for now, this works.

No comments:

Post a Comment