Sunday, September 23, 2012

Making Over the Makeover

Here's a set of chairs I reinvented a couple of years ago....
When I bought them, they looked like this....
 I painted the frames in a silvery blue grey, and added stain.
Love the cane backs......
 And then I covered the seats in this frenchy "The de Provence" linen.
But they never sold......
I've had them in two different booths, 
and I finally pulled them and brought them back home to use in my own dining room. 
(This is why everything in my house wears a price tag...)
Today, I decided to "take another whack at them."
Goodbye neutral....hello flower power!
 So here they are, all colorful and poppy and looking very vintage 70's
and ready to go back in the booth for autumn.
I added another layer of batting to plump them up a bit.
Wonder if they'll sell now?? 
Yep, sometimes you've got to make over the makeover.

No comments:

Post a Comment