Tuesday, September 25, 2012

SheShe's Guest Bedroom Loft

I decorate and reinvent and transform spaces for a living.
Why then is my house TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL?
A couple of weeks ago,
 it was at the point where I was considering a torch.
I could just barely walk in the front door......

A freelance stylist called with a possible photo opportunity.
And then my Aunt Bet decided to book a flight...
And let me tell ya, 
the dust bunnies have been flying around here!
Getting it in order...
Oh man, it's freeing....
It feels really good.

Since I'm having a houseguest, the first priority was the guest bedroom.
Here's the "before" of the guest loft:
Neglected.....
 Unkept...
 There was no....cohesion......
I certainly wouldn't want to spend an extended visit here!
 The Reveal: 
But now, it's the guest room haven!!!!!!!! 
Who says all your colors have to match?
I hate matchy matchy.......
I decided to do this room in a host of blues, bluegreens, turquoises.....
 I kept the bedding neutral, tho.
And added softness under foot with a flokati rug.
At the foot of the bed, 
I placed an antique quilt that was handmade by a family friend.
 You might remember the headboard that I wrote about previously...
It was too big to get in the car, so, it's mine!
I moved it up to the loft.......
The old window on the wall came from my old childhood church.
On either side of the bed are lamps for some quality late-night reading.
I made the lamp on the left from a store mannequin 
and some hardware from a wall sconce.......
I made the lampshade by wrapping an old wire shade frame with strips of ticking..
 This little chest of drawers that I recently painted came from a landfill.
Only the best for my house guests!
The shelf displays my collection of old enamelware pitchers.
 And I gave this old bench a facelift this weekend.  
I built a new top with slats from a disassembled Ikea bed...
painted in a variety of....yep, blue-greens!!!!!! 
The perfect place for luggage.

 Bet, your room is ready!
And just outside, your very own rooftop retreat!
More room transformations will be forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment