Friday, December 2, 2011

Even A Magician Can Have an Off Day!

Ever have one of those days?
I did......today........
Nothing seemed to go just right today. 
Argh.
Remember the ding I put in my refrigerator yesterday??


No sweat.   
After all, this is what I do for a living
I think outside the box.
I come up with a different, smarter, cheaper way to fix something..

So I thought myself pretty dang clever today when I used this little graphic from a $5 book I got from Hobby Lobby to camouflage the little ding...........
I can totally live with this.
(Keep in mind, now, I've had this fridge for about 5 years without one single mishap.)
So today, when I'm putting another chair back on the kitchen island to wax it, 
I am extremely careful........
As I lift it, the leg slips off the island,  and BANG! 
Guess what? This is not just a ding.  It's a crater.


So now my refrigerator door looks like this.
F%#&!@***

Next up, my friend and client, Bonita, wants her desk painted 
in a mercury glass finish.
Here's the before shot of the desk:

After several days of sanding/priming/base coating, 
I found a chrome spray paint that was giving me that great glassy look......
Looking pretty cool! 
Yep, making progress! 
(Maybe I can even get this thing out of my living room by the weekend!)
With these glass knobs from Hobby Lobby, 
it's definitely looking like that Hollywood Glam style we're after...

Here's a close up.
Only problem is, I'm finding that even a light brush with the hand, 
and the finish is marred........
the metallic finish just comes right off.....
You've heard of the man with the golden arm?
I'm the gal with the silver fingers.
This isn't going to work...
And I was so close.......

So I try a little spray lacquer hoping to seal the paint........
it totally disintegrates and melts the metallic finish.  



Now the dresser drawers look like this.  
I drove all the way back out to Short Pump to get more chrome paint..
Out of stock........

F%#&!@***

It is now time for lavender bath salts and wine.
Tomorrow is going to be a great day!
A girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment