Saturday, December 17, 2011

Santa is on a Roll!!

Ho! Ho! Ho! Santa's workshop is bustling!  Packaged goods, paintings, tags, furniture..........lots of goodies are going to be received for Christmas this year!!!  Here's a quick look at some of the loot that I'll be gifting as well as items I'm putting in my little booth at West End Antiques.

If you could see my house right now, well.....let's just say, it ain't pretty!  Forget the Christmas decorations. There's no room at the inn.  

Here are a few things Santa's been working on.

 A trip to my storage unit for the spoils...........


 This old clock cabinet is so cool.  Originally I thought I would paint it, but I decided to enhance its rustic condition...

I inserted a equestrian needlepoint, then added oversized pewter railheads......A great way to frame art!!!!!

I had purchased four little oak school chairs from a yardsale, along with this little blonde wood end table...

I color washed the chairs in primary colors...........then added words to each of the seats...





...and to the tabletop:


Now it's a great set for a child's creative corner, just waiting to be snatched up and placed under the Christmas tree for some lucky boy or girl!


 Here's an oversized chalkboard I made with a large gilded frame.  I cut a piece of MDF and painted it with graphite chalk paint.  It also is in my booth at West End Antiques.


Small benches and stools sell really well in my booth, I guess because they're small enough to hide in a car trunk til someone can sneak it in the house;) (Thanks, Jeannie, for that tidbit of wisdom!)
This one definitely needs a little spruce up.


Bling bling! I painted the base in metallic silver paint and then reupholstered the top in a zebra print.....

Here's a cornice I designed and created for a client:
 I added buttons and tabs....Looks great in her guest bedroom!


I painted this little piece awhile ago....When designing some packaging for my bath salts gifts, I thought....duh!!!!


I took a photograph of the little painting on the side of the piece...

And used it for my little paint cans of lavender bath salts:


Santa stays busy throughout the year making little gift tags...........it's a sickness. I can't stop....


But my real find this Christmas was a technique I read about on line, and with a little practice and enhancement, voila!  Original art!! It's actually a combination of photography manipulation, decoupage, and overlay painting.

This portrait I gave as a gift to a special friend.

 And here's one of my brother and his mutt, Jessie Dog!

 And my Dad, who passed away last year.

 Framed for my mom. Guess what she's getting for Christmas? (Don't tell!)


 Time to wrap.  Merry Christmas, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Love the little cabinet with the lavendar painting on the side. Is it for sale? n2notes@embarqmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, as far as i know it is still at West End Antiques here in Richmond. I can't remember price, something like $150ish.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila - I suggest Santa's workshop take this advice from here on out - SIT, READ, DRAW, PLAY! Great stuff!!

    ReplyDelete