Tuesday, December 6, 2011

One silver desk. Check. Four french dining chairs. Check. One Lavender Bath. Check.

Okay, the desk is finally finished.............Rejoice!!!!!!! (SFX: Chorus of angelic voices.)


What a bear this was........I know now why I LOVE aged/distressed finishes....because THEY DON'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT!!!!!!! This desk looks so simple, but it was hell on earth.........High gloss shows every little imperfection..........but I must say, now that's it's finished, I think it looks pretty happening!
I had to sand off all the Krylon Chrome spray paint I originally went with. Then I repainted it in Rustoleum in Metallic Silver finish. Much better.  It doesn't rub off!  I  think I'm done with Krylon for life.......It was terrible......Today, I had to redo one of the drawers because it wasn't smooth and it was bugging me.  When I sanded down the paint, which has been on there for DAYS, it was like goo............it never dried! Horrible stuff.

The glass knobs are on.  I lined the drawers with some asian wallpaper....Fini!
This is going in Bonita's new modern bedroom with neutral shag carpet, crystal glass lamps, and newly painted light tan walls...........Wouldn't a lucite chair be THE BOMB?

Yesterday I also finished up two more of these chairs.....
....And then there were four.  
Next up, three window treatments for a client....The fun never ends here at the SheShe Ranch!
I love my boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment