Friday, December 23, 2011

Road Trip and Homemade Owl Lamp - What a HOOT!!

I did a quick trip this week to Winston-Salem, NC (I used to live there back in the 80's) to see some great friends. My friend, Carl, is the quintessential host...We had an elegant dinner party, a little gift exchange, and a lot of fun!

 His home looked incredibly festive.
I've always coveted this painting he has above the mantle.

On the way, I stopped off at a Goodwill (surprise) in Reidsville and found a few last minute Christmas gifts.  One for myself.........
I've been wanting one of these owl lamps!
They are so kitchy...this one is from West Elm for around $100.

And this one is from the Reidsville Goodwill....I know, it's U G L Y.
 It was a whopping $1.50.  My kind of deal...
The first thing I did upon arriving home was spray paint this bugger.
I had a smidgeon of  Metallic Silver Rustoleum spray paint left over from the silver desk project...
 Once I find the right shade, it will be living permanently with me.

Merry Christmas to me!
Wishing all of you a safe and happy holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment