Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Out with the Lavender, In with the Grey!



Wow, two consecutive daily blog posts!! This is history in the making!

Here's a recent room makeover I did for a client.  
Here's what the guest bedroom looked like before:

It was definitely time to reinvent this lavender room with the 80's swags........


 The vintage Jenny Lind bed had boring white bedding.  We can do better!

 To the right of the room, there's a door that leads out to an enclosed balcony.  Great light but a little privacy was needed.
 Nice carved soapstone mantle....
 Going into the attached bedroom was rather difficult with these two large pieces semi blocking the entrance.
 Over on the other side of the room, the client had a vintage wicker set...
Great set but once again, it needs an update!

Okay, are we ready to part with the swags?


YES!!!!! This room oozes with calmness now!  I painted the room in BM Balboa Mist.  New window panels came from West Elm..I moved a piece of furniture to serve as a nightstand.

All this delicious mismatched bedding came from Marshall's.

 This Cynthia Rowley duvet cover with rows of box pleats was on clearance for $15! Score!

On the other side of the bed, I accessorized an existing  little table with the client's fun pieces.
 I purchased store-bought sheers,added a bottom pocket and gathered on sash rods to add more privacy to the french door.
 Next, I painted the little vintage maple dresser in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White and Paris Grey.  I cut up a placemat and used as a stamp for the designs.
 Then I aged the piece with sanding and waxes.
 I moved the piece to open up the bathroom entrance.
 I moved the wicker chair over in front of the fireplace and recovered the cushions in this graphic moroccan print.
 The sofa got new upholstered cushions as well, and some new throw pillows.
 And finally, at the foot of the bed I added a small area rug for warmth.  Open for guests!

No comments:

Post a Comment