Wednesday, August 3, 2016

More Trash to Treasure Creations. I love my job!

Just another week in the life of an alley cat.
In the morning, I walk the alleys.
Amazing what I find!!!!!
Take a look at some of my recent creations - 
all from salvaged pieces.
I removed the base from a discarded lamp...
Glued another piece from the lamp to the bottom of a wooden bowl..
 
Then epoxied a little bird salt shaker...
Tah-dah:
Decorative miniature birdbath!
Part of an old particle board three fold screen...
 I painted...........
 
Using some paper placemats...
 I cut out a crab....
 Decoupaged it, and then hand painted......
 Added some stenciled letters to the bottom...
Distressed and waxed....
 
Perfect art for a beach house! 
It's 31 x 20".
(This is for sale: $99.)
And old top to a basket...
Using some mismatched letters....
I screwed the letters through the basket,
and into a piece of scrap wood I put at the back for support.
 
 Added a piece of hardware to hang it...

And it's a unique sign in one of my booths!
This dining set was in the alley..
Four chairs...
And a table with contact paper......

 
I removed the contact paper and cleaned the top.

Then I based painted just the top in a chocolate brown
chalk paint that I mixed...
Once dry, I brushed on dark sealing wax.
This little set sold in a day!

A danish side chair.......
obviously enjoyed by a cat..
I used a drapery panel to upholster...
I never even got a picture of the finished chair!
Someone bought it right out in front of my house
as i was finishing it up! Ha.
 Another alley rescue..........
The frame needed a little glue,
and I added fresh batting to the seat.
 I added a little interest to the finish by adding some splotches of different 
greens and turquoises..Then I stained.
 I upholstered the seat in a floral remnant.
But I needed two chairs for a vignette in my booth....
 So I took this chair that was leftover from a set of five (I sold four)
 And I painted it to match the finish on the other chair...
Pretty close...
 One little leftover piece of that fabric was used for the seat...
Now I have a pair...
I took a little rattan stool...
 
spraypainted it green....
and it all makes a great little set up in my booth!
The stool with cushion is $55.
The pair of chairs is $165.
These were random wood pieces - 
a drawer front, and a plague..
that I made into hook racks...
 $22
 $25
 Large ornate gold plaster frame...
 ...with some issues...

 I base painted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey..
 Then I added a dry brushing of white to  pop the details...
 Here it is all waxed and aged...
 I just love all the fleur de lis...
so yummy...
It's for sale for $89.

Wow, it's been a full week.
And it's only Wednesday!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment