Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Potting Bench from all Salvaged Materials

My friend, Kathy, and I rescued this little table from the trash last week.
 Made from pallets, the wood is very rough.
And pretty dull...
Check out what I did with this!!!!!
Using chalkpaints, 
I started drybrushing on various
paints to simulate weathered wood.
 Next, using these ikea bed slats I rescued from the alley,
I started building a frame to the back.
Then I cut and stapled some leftover chickenwire...


 Next I added some hooks on both vertical slats.
I trimmed the overhang portions,
and then painted the back frame to match
the table...
Then I sanded and waxed everything to deepen/age.
And next, I played around with adding a few accessories.
I bought this metal piece at a thriftshop..
The Canada Dry crate came from an alley.
 And I get to use these great old wood finials!
 So now I am going to paint these pieces as well...to integrate them...
 I'm using Old Ochre.....


 More propping and playing.......

So much potential with this little piece!!
 I just love how it turned out!!!!!
Perfect in a potting shed!
Here it is for sale in my booth at
$169.

Wow that was fun!

My booth there is brimming with great finds!
Check out some of my other inventory,
and let me know if you have any questions!!!!
 
 

 




SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment