Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Oh, Life Can be a Carnival! Colorful "Carnival" Furniture Painting!

Yesterday I blogged about redoing this space...
I had this basic little flat chest of drawers left over...
which I painted years ago,
but I decided it needed some new energy!
So last night, 
I removed the knobs, cleaned the piece,
and pulled out my paints!!!!!!!
Each drawer got a different color.
Fuscia, orange, lime, yellow, forest green, 
periwinkle, turquoise, navy & red.
I painted the base cabinet in
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.  
Then I dry brushed the Paris Grey 
over the drawer fronts as well.
This morning, 
 I moved everything outside for the messy part:
Staining..
After distress sanding, 
I just started adding stains.......
First I used a weathered grey wood stain, 
which I rubbed in.
 Over that, 
I dry brushed some darker Jacobean stain - 
very lightly - to simulate woodgrain.
I just continued layering the stains until I liked the patina
I had built.
(Then I went inside and drank about a gallon of water.
It is T H I C K out here today!)
I went to my hardware stash and found nine of these
old bronze ring pulls.
I think they are just perfect~
Now, I have to decide which of these two
pastels to put with it in my booth display.
This one....(A)
or this one? (B)
Which is your favorite?
Here's a closer shot of the top....
My last step was cutting out shelf paper to line the drawers.
 
It's all in the details, folks...
It's loaded up in the car...
I think it's name will be "Happy-Go-Round."
That's my story, anyway.
For sale: $168
at
Have a piece that needs a new look?
Let me take a whack at it!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment