Wednesday, August 17, 2016

French Commode....(It's really a vanity cabinet!)

Here's a piece I'm preparing to paint.
And although it looks like a sweet little 
french commode,
it's actually a vanity cabinet.
Wonderful details.
I can't wait to put some paint on this baby!
 Step one:  I base paint the cabinet 
in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Paris Grey.
Look at those cute little feet!!!!!! 
I'm already liking it better!
 Everything gets a coat...

Looks pretty flat right now,
but just watch:
 After the basecoat dries, 
I "hit" all the details - the trim and decorative pieces -
with Old White.
See how it comes to life?
 After that dried, I distress sanded,
and then waxed with clear and dark waxes.


 I decided to add old white to the interior panels as well.
How lovely is this!!!!

 
Yes, the top has holes in it.....
so it can still be used as a vanity cabinet....
 Or camouflage the top with a scarf or lamp, etc,
for a nightstand, end table, etc.
No one will ever know!
Inside, I lined the back with fabric,
which can be removed to return it to a
functioning vanity cabinet.
 And here it is in my booth at Vignettes Westhampton.
Frenchy and fabulous.
For sale at $219.

Take a peek around at some of my other inventory.
Indonesian carved corner chair with
Schumacher "Shanghai Peacock" fabric seat.
$189
Fun chest of drawers. $168
Set of four newly reupholstered parsons chairs.
$479.
Lots of fun art, too!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment