Tuesday, July 26, 2016

This little piggy went to market...........

Geez, Louise, what a week it's been.
While I've had no car (stolen,)
I've tried to keep busy with little things.

Walk with me, if you will,
through the saga of....
the plaque.

So, I was planning a birthday party last summer...
"Cafe des Artistes."
And while I was at a thrift shop, I espied this sign...
 It was my inspiration for a welcoming sign...
Come on in....
 and welcome to...
Cafe des Artistes!
Next, it was reinvented as this Tiffany sign
for a "Breakfast at Tiffany's" bridal shower/brunch
I helped give in the spring...
 And now, 
it's ready to be reinvented for the third time....
This here piggy piggy was my inspiration......
Year's ago I went to Clint Eastwood's
"Hog's Breath Inn" in Carmel, CA...
So I decided to whip up a sign.
I painted the plaque in French Linen,
and traced some letters onto it...
 Then I painted in the letter's with Navy chalk paint...
 leaving space for Mr. Piggy...
 But I'm thinking the pig head 
works better with pig breath!!!!!!!
 I sanded, waxed to age, 
and then attached the ceramic head
and two iron coat hooks......
Two holes at the top for attaching to the wall,
and there you have it.
A unique coat rack/key rack, whatever.
It's going to market ( Greenwood Antiques ) today.
$55
And this little piggy...
stayed home.
(Also $55.)

Yep, I'm happier than a pig in............
you know...


SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment