Thursday, July 14, 2016

An easy solution for privacy in a bathroom window.

 My client, Eric, just bought his very first home!
It's a wonderful house.
The previous owners had these
sheers hanging in all the windows.
Totally NOT Eric!
They are "on the list" of SheShe projects...
But the top priority is this window in the bathroom.
No privacy...
Eric's makeshift solution until
I can come up with something....

He was thinking a  piece of stained glass 
would do the trick: 
It would let light in,
but also provide privacy.

So I wrote down the measurements, 
and I've been keeping my eyes peeled 
for something that would work.
And I found this window recently at
The measurements are perfect.
Take a look at what I came up with...
I've been saving these three ply napkins 
for just the right project.
This is it!
The coral red is going to look great with the blue walls
and black and white tile in the bathroom...
After removing the back two layers of the napkin,
I carefully cut out pieces to fill the panes...
I used Modge Podge - 
just brushed on the glass on the reverse side,
and laid the napkin down very gently, image side down....
and brushed some more on the back of the napkin,
trying to smooth out all the creases.
It doesn't have to be perfect.....
The paper is very fragile and will tear easily.
If it does, just add a bit more glue and
brush it back down...
After I had finished all the panes,
I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite....
To paint the wood frame...
After the paint dried,
I waxed the frame in dark wax.
If you hold it up to the light, 
you can see the effect...
It glows!
It's quite lovely, isn't it?
I think it was a great solution:
Quick and budget friendly.
I can't wait to see it "in situ."


Thanks, Eric.

Enjoy your privacy!!!!!!!!
(Now you can put the pillows back on the sofa. wink wink.)

Do you need a clever solution to a home problem?

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment